Young Scientist Award
About the Award
The ICEM 2012 Young Scientist Awards are intended to honor and encourage young scientists whose academic achievements and current research in materials display a high level of excellence and distinction. The ICEM 2012 committee seeks to recognize young scientists of exceptional ability who show promise for significant future achievements in materials research. This award is aimed at both oral and poster presentations.
|Gold award:||A certificate of the Award and 300 USD.|
|Silver award:||A certificate of the Award.|
*Approximately 4 gold award winners may be chosen in this conference. In addition to the gold awards, several silver award winners may be chosen in each symposium.
Eligibility and procedure
- The nominee will not have reached his/her 36th birthday prior to April 1, 2012.
- The award winner must be both first author and speaker of the presentations (oral or poster).
- The nominee must submit a self-appeal letter, a CV, and a recommendation letter by his/her supervisor through the online system for applying for the award. The deadline for the application is 2 May, 12:00 JST（Extended).
- The submitted award applications will be reviewed by referees. They will select eligible candidates for the gold awards, who will be asked to participate in a short competition session for judging their presentations held on September 23, 2012 before the opening ceremony of the conference.
- The gold award winners will be selected based on both the pre-evaluation of the submitted award applications and the short competition session of the presentations.
- The silver award winners will be selected for each symposium according to both the pre-evaluation of the submitted award applications and their scheduled presentation (oral or poster) during September 24-28, 2012.
- The gold award winners will be announced during the awards ceremony ( September 27, 2012), and the silver award winners will be announced either during the awards ceremony or during the closing remarks of the conference (September 28, 2012).
- After the announcement of the awards, all gold award winners will be asked to join the award ceremony. After the awards ceremony, a group photo of the prize winners will be taken. The photographs will be uploaded onto the homepage of the conference and sent to the prize winners via e-mail. The silver award winners will be listed on the homepage of the conference.
*The above rules and procedure might be subject to change by the award committee and the organizing committee.